Irish Emergency Medicine Trainees’ Association – IEMTA
The Irish Emergency Medicine Trainees’ Association is the national representative organisation for Emergency Medicine trainees in Ireland. IEMTA became fully integrated with IAEM in 2011, from which it receives funding and is governed by its constitution.
IEMTA aims to:
- Facilitate education and networking amongst EM trainees
- To provide information on training in EM and EM exams
- To provide a forum for trainees to present EM research
IEMTA implements these aims through many projects, including:
- thecase.report a monthly educational podcast
- ITERN – a research network allowing trainees to complete projects over numerous sites
- Annual Scientific Meeting – a conference with interationally renowned speakers, and an opportunity for trainees to present research at a national meeting
The IEMTA website contains useful resources for EM trainees in Ireland including news, upcoming events and a trainees guide to EM in Ireland. Membership of IAEM includes automatic membership of IEMTA.
Emergency Medicine Student Society of Ireland – EMSSI
EMSSI is a student society run across Ireland and is composed of health science students from Trinity, UCD, UCC, UL, RCSI, and NUI Galway. The aim of EMSSI is to promote interest in the specialty and help foster opportunities for networking, run emergency skills workshops, as well as offer wilderness medicine trips in the field.
As a national student society, EMSSI invites students from all over Ireland and abroad to attend our events.